[e2e] Answer to Dave Reed Re: Fwd: Re: Question the other way round:

John Wroclawski jtw at isi.edu
Tue Nov 26 15:56:13 PST 2013

On Nov 26, 2013, at 11:42 AM, Detlef Bosau <detlef.bosau at web.de> wrote:

>> that can be solved in ways that roll up into a coherent algorithm employed in many places at the same time. A big part of the solutions come from classifying flows according to application requirements and willingness to pay for grades of service.
>
> As you know, I would like to talk about the problems why approaches like
> this are rarely discussed.

This is quite a surreal comment.

"classifying flows according to application requirements and willingness to pay for grades of service" [and then meeting those requirements and providing those grades] is pretty much a picture-perfect definition of Network Quality of Service, which I think many people would argue is one of the most-discussed issues of all time within the field.

cheers, --john