[e2e] testing

Jon Crowcroft Jon.Crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 9 06:36:10 PDT 2013

see Lexicon by Max Berry for a novel with non-abrhamic references for Babel
(see also Jorge Luis Borges for library of babel (and lottery of babylon) stories
that give you some scope and range bounds on the price of anarchy and the cost of over
organisation, respectively...

In missive <CAPRcfR-sUdqq2UZgK-ywwc2zDeYUcggtMP3TvBQ=RSmiMWSdCQ at mail.gmail.com>, Djamel Sadok ty
ped:

 >>Hi,
 >>
 >>What percentage of those who bought a ticket to a show went on to discuss
 >>this on a twitter or other social page later on?
 >>
 >>A transport provider may agree to increase QoS (bandwidth share) for a
 >>video streaming service (an end-to-end service) if it could include some
 >>advertising material in real time from a third party (the result is a
 >>none2e composed service).
 >>
 >>Both scenarios show that a non-e2e service is required and gives value
 >>added information or new business model.
 >>
 >>My question is: can we think of interesting services that cannot be met by
 >>e2e network operation? note that the scope is that of a networking.
 >>
 >>Thanks,
 >>
 >>Djamel
 >>

 >>On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM, <dpreed at reed.com> wrote:
 >>
 >>> Why should they be differentiated?  (I'm not denying that they could be,
 >>> but "should" is a different matter).
 >>>

 >>> Also, I would suggest that when SDN's are used to balkanize networks, that
 >>> has little to do with "internetworking".   Remember "internetworking" is
 >>> different from "networking" in a fundamental way.  If you have any
 >>> background in Abrahamic religions, the Tower of Babel is a relevant
 >>> metaphor to think with (I use that only because I don't know if non
 >>> Abrahamic religions have traditions that consider the many problems of
 >>> non-interoperation as key issues).
 >>>

 >>> On Friday, September 6, 2013 7:01am, "Djamel Sadok" <jamel at cin.ufpe.br>
 >>> said:
 >>>
 >>>  > Hi,