[e2e] Fwd: favor - please post test to E2E list

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Tue Sep 17 10:20:02 PDT 2013

On 9/14/2013 11:30 AM, Detlef Bosau wrote:
> Am 14.09.2013 00:48, schrieb Matt Mathis:
>> The problem is that you have to be subscribed to the end2end-interest list
>> *exactly as your mail agent/MTA sends your mail.   Be aware that
>> the  end2end list is configured to silently discard mail from addresses
>> which are not members of the list.    So for example if you are subscribed
>> as me at mydomain.com, but your mail agent send your messages from
>> me at myhost.mydoamin.com, you will see messages from the list, but your posts
>> will be silently discarded.
>
> At least, this is not the whole problem.
>
> When I post from detlef.bosau at web.de, I first my posts did not appear -
> meanwhile I get a "message could not be delivered" notification.
> I reported the problem to my mail operator - but I did not yet get an
> answer.

We have not found any indication of those posts having arrived at our
servers. We do see logs of posts that are silently rejected. At this
time, we have insufficient evidence that the error is at our servers.

PS - we did also see a recent shift in posts whose attachments were
multipart/signed rather than multipart/text; the list had previously
been configured to reject anything except plaintext or multipart/text,
but that has been corrected. That did not affect posts from this
address, though.

Joe (list admin)