[e2e] QoS vs Bandwidth Overprovisioning

demir demir at usc.edu
Mon Apr 30 03:06:55 PDT 2001

Ran,
I am not sure if below argument answers your question. I agree with below
points, too. Isn't your question about if "bandwidth provisioning" is
enough; instead using a QoS architecture? To me, below argument shows that
there are cases that "over-provisoning" won't work cause there will be
"choke" points if one expects high-level of QoS.

Alper K. Demir