[e2e] Internet Measurement Conference 2005 - Call For Pariticipation - New Venue Information

Taft, Nina nina.taft at intel.com
Sun Sep 11 10:04:38 PDT 2005

Dear Colleagues,

   Due to the disaster caused by hurricane Katrina in New Orleans,

   we have decided to move the Internet Measurement Conference (IMC
2005)

   to Berkeley, California.

   Please note that we are NOT changing the dates of the conference
which

   will still be October 19-21. Details on the new venue and cut-off
dates

   are included below. Please register ASAP. (The Usenix website for IMC

   will be updated very shortly with the information below.)

               Internet Measurement Conference

            Sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM in cooperation with Usenix

                October 19-21, 2005

                Berkeley, CA USA

The fifth Internet Measurement Conference (IMC 2005) is a two and

one-half day event focusing on Internet measurement and analysis. Join

us for the latest research on Internet data analysis and its

applications. The conference this year will cover a range of topics

including security, P2P, wireless, monitoring, data reduction and other

related topics.

TECHNICAL PROGRAM

To view the full technical program, please see:

http://www.usenix.org/events/imc05/tech/

ACCOMODATIONS:

The conference will be held in the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley, CA. This

is a beautiful hotel nestled in the Berkeley Hills and located roughly

1.5 miles from the University of California at Berkeley campus.  To

receive the discount rate of $185/night for the conference you MUST book

your room before September 26th. Please tell them you are with the
Internet

Measurement Conference to receive our bulk discount rate. After Sept.

26th rooms are not guaranteed and the rate will increase! So please book

your reservation promptly. The hotel will be ready to start taking

reservations on Monday Sept. 12th.

For information on the hotel and how to make a reservation, please see:

http://www.claremontresort.com/, or call them.

Telephone:  +1 800 551 7266  or +1 510 843 3000

Should you need alternate options for hotels, you can consider The

Durant Hotel (http://www.hoteldurant.com/) or the Bancroft Hotel

(http://www.bancrofthotel.com/). Please note that these are 1.5 miles

from the Claremont, so we strongly encourage you to stay at the

Claremont.

REGISTRATION

To register on-line, please go to:

http://www.usenix.org/events/imc05/registration/

Please register for IMC no later than Oct. 7th, 2005.

TRANSPORTION from airports to the Claremont Hotel

The IMC official web page will be updated shortly with  detailed

information on how to get from the local airports to the hotel. In the

meantime, please note that both San Francisco and Oakland International

airports service the resort. The Oakland airport is closer and is

located approximately 20-25 minutes from the Claremont. The San

Francisco airport is a larger airport situated 45 minutes (driving time)

away from the resort.

Should you have any remaining questions, especially due to the change of
venue,

please feel free to contact any of the members of the IMC steering
committee (emails below).

We look forward to seeing you there,

IMC Steering Committee,

Nina Taft,  nina.taft at intel.com