[e2e] a means to an end

dirk.trossen@bt.com dirk.trossen at bt.com
Fri Nov 7 01:54:15 PST 2008

Craig,

indeed, you need to get to the rendezvous point that 'serves' your information, i.e., can match the consumers and producers and therefore build the delivery tree.

Conceptually, a particular rendezvous point implements a 'network of information' (being information in itself), i.e., you can identify the information network itself with an identifier (which is place-free) to which the rendezvous points serving this particular network of information, can subscribe. And you're back to information-centric routing without a-priori knowledge of location.

Of course, you need to get to the 'global' rendezvous system that helps you find the rendezvous point that serves the network in which your information reside. That's similar to a network attachment process in IP during which you receive local gateway information (DHCP). But that does not relate to any particular information at hand, only to enabling the general process of information retrieval.

More can be found indeed on http://www.psirp.org on these principles of building information-centric networks.

Dirk