[e2e] a means to an end

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Mon Nov 10 05:02:28 PST 2008

Noel's ideas were not tried.  They were (essentially) shouted down or
ignored, take your pick.  There is a lot of merit in those ideas, and
perhaps they should be resurrected.  The one fear I personally have is
that the techniques he described have the risk of creating
non-interconnected "walled gardens" overlaid on the network over
networks.  That's why I talked about competing for *public* delivery and
using the same common address space.