[e2e] a means to an end

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Sun Nov 9 11:05:15 PST 2008

I'm completely confused by the suggestions from Fred and Noel that
802.11 802.1, MPLS are somehow competing with the current IP routing
system.  None of those are end-to-end solutions, ...

Is the confusion between the limited scope of 802.11 and 802.16 and the
planet-scale scope of IP addressing really prevalent among the community?

Maybe this explains why so many seem to confuse the hardware and cabling
with networking.   KInd of like confusing the Intel instruction set with
the Win32 API, or confusing the workings of the marketplace with the
resolution of social issues.