[e2e] Switched Ethernet is Not an End-to-End System; was Protocols breaking the end-to-end argument

Richard Bennett richard at bennett.com
Thu Nov 12 20:10:10 PST 2009

Weren't the designers of the Internet Kleinrock, Roberts, Kahn, and
Cerf? I heard that on the Internet today. Dave Clark is a fine
gentleman, but it was my impression that the design work was mainly done
in the mid-70s.

You make an interesting claim in this and one of the preceding msgs, to
wit that the Internet is "application-neutral." Does anybody really
believe that?

RB

--
Richard Bennett