[e2e] Re: crippled Internet

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Apr 24 18:34:10 PDT 2001

i know you like to play bash the isp fred.  but how about a bit of logic
too?

> None of them talk about the link between them and their customer, which
> they view as out of their control - out of sight and out of mind.

unfortunately, there are no useful tools by which an isp can manage an
overloaded customer tail.  for user->isp, the user can use queueing
strategies.  but in the other direction source quench is not too useful,
and we are not yet able to deploy ecn or bandwidth multipliers.

randy