[e2e] Can feedback be generated more fast in ECN?

Rogerio de Carvalho Andrade Rogerio.Andrade at Embrapa.br
Thu Feb 15 03:13:42 PST 2001

Zhang Miao wrote:

> We need not limit to SQ.
> The question is:
> (1) whether backward ECN(SQ like) is better than forward ECN(ECN like)
> (2) can we design a "cheap" mechanism using backward ECN

The SQM-Response algorithm is our contribution to start a smart way to
design a cheap and quick mechanism using SQ. It only requires modification
at sender node and does not require imediate implementations at the routers
(RED (or RIO in QoS nets) can be used to improve its performance, but it is
not necessary by now).

[]'s
Rogerio.