[e2e] Can feedback be generated more fast in ECN?

Francesco Potorti` F.Potorti at cnuce.cnr.it
Thu Feb 15 05:06:00 PST 2001

   >     Can  you forward me the links of those studies? (even though I read some
   > which I can't say they were the most RECENT studies) -- it is important to
   > know what is dominating In the Internet traffic.

On www.caida.org  you can  find lots of  references.  In  particular the
paper  "The nature  of the  beast: recent  traffic measurements  from an
Internet backbone"  is dated  1998.  Excerpt from  the paper:  "over the
course of a day, TCP averages about 95% of the bytes, 90% of the packets
and 80% of the flows on a  link".  On the same site, there are also some
current measurements on an international link, which show a recent 96.7%
of TCP traffic (byte-wise).

--
Francesco Potortì (researcher)         Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
Area della ricerca CNR - CNUCE         Fax:   +39 050 313 8091
via Alfieri 1, I-56010 Ghezzano, Pisa  Email: F.Potorti at cnuce.cnr.it
Web: http://fly.cnuce.cnr.it/          Key:   fly.cnuce.cnr.it/public.key