[e2e] [Fwd: State of MPLS deployments today]

Naidu, Venkata Venkata.Naidu at Marconi.com
Thu Oct 3 12:30:12 PDT 2002

-> Rather, how can MPLS be deployed easily and efficiently? It's a
-> growing pain problem. Years
-> ago, NOC's had a tough time to deal with thousands of routes (route
-> aggregation etc.), now they have to get familiar with thousands of
-> LSP's. Well... tough!

  Well said Ping. Yes! I was also wondering, why there is no
  WG formed in IETF, similar to *ngtrans* (doing pretty good work
  for IPv6 transition). I think, we (MPLS folks) need something
  similar in O&M area for defining IP to MPLS smooth transition.

  IETF O&M area has lots of working groups moving towards IPv6,
  which is far ahead in the road when compared to MPLS.
  (Remember, I am very clear here - I am not asking for MPLS OAM,
  rather MPLS transition :))

--
Venkata.