[e2e] [Fwd: State of MPLS deployments today]

Ping Pan pingpan at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Oct 3 13:00:15 PDT 2002

Uh? Why said anything about IP? :-) IP routing and signaling are used to
control MPLS networks, but the network is used to carry the good old
ATM, FR and Ethernet cells and frames.

As for more WG's in standard bodies, well... I prefer the running code
approach first. If the providers want to have a standard way of managing
their networks, they will scream. Otherwise, let them run their
overnight scripts. :-)

2 cents,

- Ping