[e2e] was double blind, now reproduceable results

Fu Cheng Peng, Franklin ASCPFu at ntu.edu.sg
Fri May 21 17:19:50 PDT 2004

________________________________

From: end2end-interest-bounces at postel.org on behalf of Michael Savoric
Sent: Fri 5/21/2004 5:50 PM
To: end2end-interest at postel.org
Subject: Re: [e2e] was double blind, now reproduceable results

#Saad Biaz wrote:
#The source of the problem in this matter is the tendency of
our community
#to accept only papers that tell a happy story, a successful
story. We
#forget that we learn more from a sad, than a happy story.

savoric at ee.tu-berlin.de wrote:

>So, I wanted to publish some of these (not only negative but
>also constructive)
>results on a prominent conference to inform the research
>community about my results.

I completely agree with it, both negative (unhappy) and constructive (happy) results are important, more debating, more clear the fact is . The research should aim to find some novel, unknown,  hidden or even erroneous perceptions in existing results / phenomenons. This is already proved numerous times in human science history.

-Franklin
Franklin FU
Asst Professor
School of Computer Engineering
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 639798
Tel: (65) 6790-4287 Fax: (65) 6792-6559