[e2e] Header length field in IP header

Zartash Afzal Uzmi zartash at lums.edu.pk
Fri Sep 24 12:51:23 PDT 2004

unless the source uses destinaiton's IP address without going through the
name resolution. And if I trust arp caching, I am always going to get the
same route. Further, this same route may have been "tore off" by the
intermediate NAT gateways! So yes, the scheme will work in another galaxy
where inhabitants do obey lots of constraints but earthlings are a different
creature, they will go ahead and call your NAT gateway an LSR :)