[e2e] UDP Performance problem

sahans at cse.mrt.ac.lk sahans at cse.mrt.ac.lk
Thu Feb 10 02:08:55 PST 2005

Hi,

I am writing a a networking library to facilitate faster data transfers using
UDP. The required level of performance is 120Mbps (at the minimum) on Gigabit
Ethernet.
But at the moment what I am getting is around 32Mbps. I am using a 8kB packet
size and using Redhat 2.4.21 kernel (Enterperise Linux). I am having 4X
2.8GHz Intel Xeon CPUs with 4GB memory. Two identical machines are
interconnected using an SMC switch (Gigabit Ethernet)
Does anybody has an idea about this dissapoiniting performance ?

Thanks in advance
Sahan