[e2e] a new IRTF group on Transport Models

Bob Braden braden at ISI.EDU
Sun Jun 12 17:21:20 PDT 2005

At 04:57 PM 6/11/2005 -0700, Cannara wrote:
>Cool Ted!  And now maybe I've learned why the all the Apple Lisa's on the show
>network, when they were introduced in SF, locked up when I accidentally
>brushed my palm across one's keyboard, while reaching for a brochure!
>Fortunately, Jobs was right there to chew out their tech crew, when all that
>could get things working again was a full power cycle.
>
>Hey, maybe we could arrange the same fate for TCP as the Lisa had?  Oops, I
>didn't say that.  :]
>
>Alex

Alex,

You are lapsing into adoselcent mode (again).  If you have a real,
well-thought-out
proposal for architecture and protocols to replace the Internet protocols,
please
send us a pointer to your paper on the subject.  A technical discussion of an
alternate architectural approach would be a good use of this list.  Siimply
hurling
innuendos against TCP is boring, unproductive, and unacceptable.  Cynicism
is not a
substitute for technical depth.

BTW, don''t forget to tell the ACM that they made a terrible mistake in
giving the
Turing Award to Bob Kahn and Vint Cerf, in San Francisco last evening.

Bob Braden