[e2e] Are we doing sliding window in the Internet?

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Thu Jan 3 19:02:41 PST 2008

This list, is, after all, associated with the IRTF, not the IETF.  I
must admit that I may be seen as biased, since I tend to run the "git"
version of the Linux mainstream kernel, so I live at the bleeding edge,
and I have contributed small fixes to the kernel development process
(one being queued for 2.6.25 as we speak).

It seems extremely healthy for Linux (as the only game in town for truly
planet-scale open research collaboration at the OS level) to be allowing
its users to participate in shaking out issues in the evolving Internet.

If only Microsoft would allow experimenters planet-wide to experiment
with its full OS source code so that students can learn... naah.
Wouldn't want to hurt BillG's ego by confronting the idea that today's
kids include some smarter than he is/was...  better to act like IBM
mainframers did when he was a kid.