[e2e] Are we doing sliding window in the Internet?

Lloyd Wood L.Wood at surrey.ac.uk
Fri Jan 4 09:12:59 PST 2008

At Friday 04/01/2008 07:53 -0800, Joe Touch wrote:
>> I'm
>> not aware of many Linux developers listening to this list. People
>> there DO listen to good points so it is worth discussing there.
>
>FWIW, if they DO listen to good points, why isn't the mere fact that
>these protocols are Experimental not a sufficient point?

because linux development, like all development, is itself experimental in nature.

The point about the difference between development and distribution has been made previously by Reed. (The problem of distinguishing between development and distribution only really occurs once you have a large userbase of non-developers. And doesn't the name Request For Comments itself sound experimental?)

>If they're
>going to play with fire, they ought to seek out their own fire training
>IMO, not expect others to keep bailing them out when the get burned.

Do you have examples of 'bailing out' to share?

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood at surrey.ac.uk>