[e2e] Discrete IP

Ingemar Johansson S ingemar.s.johansson at ericsson.com
Mon Sep 17 23:38:03 PDT 2012

Hi

I believe that it is now high time to put an end to this discussion or ?

Pars: If you really believe in your idea (I don't have any opinion about the idea as such), then you should probably bring it the IETF, not sure which WG or AREA is the best. Mind though that you should expect to get some resistance similar to the comments that you've got on this mailing list.

As regards to "IETF does not give freedom of choice": It has been explained earlier in this thread but IETF does not really dictate how the internet is run, rather it is a collective "hum" around technologies that makes the internet work with as little pain as possible, but IETF do not have the horse powers to control that every individual or company implements the RFCs correctlty. Also... The IETF is no more than a bunch of people of flesh and blood.
To a great extent it resembles a modern democrazy with all its benefits and drawbacks. Winston Churchill once said "It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.". I believe that the same pretty applies to the IETF.

This is my first and last addition to this thread

Regards
/Ingemar
=================================
Ingemar Johansson  M.Sc.