[e2e] Discrete IP

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Tue Sep 18 03:42:08 PDT 2012

Hi, all,

On 9/17/2012 11:38 PM, Ingemar Johansson S wrote:
> Hi
>
> I believe that it is now high time to put an end to this discussion or ?
>
> Pars: If you really believe in your idea (I don't have any opinion
> about the idea as such), then you should probably bring it the IETF, not
> sure which WG or AREA is the best. Mind though that you should expect to
> get some resistance similar to the comments that you've got on this
> mailing list.

FWIW, it was I who suggested he bring this to this list, rather than the
IETF (where he initially posted this work).

This list - originally part of the IRTF but now independent - has been a
place where overall architectures have been discussed and proposed, and
seems like a better place for that discussion to at least start.

Joe (as list admin)