[e2e] Why don't we talk about segments/objects instaead of layers? Re: Lost Layer?

Andrew Mcgregor andrewmcgr at google.com
Wed Feb 19 13:54:33 PST 2014

The best attempt at that so far as I know is "Joseph Hui and Ezhan Karasan, A
Thermodynamic Theory of Broadband Networks with Application to Dynamic
Routing, IEEE J. Selected Areas of Communications, 1995, v13 pp 991--1003".
 It works, but isn't as illuminating as some of the more recent work, using
new mathematics to help.  Keyword for that is 'network calculus'.

--
Andrew McGregor | SRE | andrewmcgr at google.com | +61 4 1071 2221