An rbridge is a hybrid router/bridge designed to provide bridge-like layer-2 connectivity with better layer-2 forwarding than current spanning tree bridges. This list provides a venue for discussing and developing the rbridge. The concept is outlined in the following papers:
- Perlman, Radia, "Rbridges: Transparent Routing," Proc. Infocom 2004, Mar. 2004. Click here for a cached copy of the PDF.
- Slides from Radia's talk are available in PowerPoint and PDF.
- Perlman, Radia, Eastlake, Donald, "Introduction to Trill", Internet Protocol Journal, Volume 14, Issue 3, Sept. 2011.
- Eastlake, Donald, "Trill Tutorial", 2014.
Current documents, including RFCs, WG IDs, and Individual IDs, can be found here:
- The TRILL WG tools page
- (lists all IDs and RFCs that came out of the WG, but there are some that came from other WGs or elsewhere)
- A list of current drafts with TRILL in the title
- A list of RFCs with TRILL in the title
See also the TRILL WG web pages:
The rbridge can be described as a layer-2 network within a virtual router, and as such is an instance of a recursive virtual router described in the Virtual Internet Architecture:
- J. Touch, Y. Wang, L. Eggert, G. Finn, "Virtual Internet Architecture," Future Developments of Network Architectures (FDNA) at Sigcomm, August 2003. Available as ISI-TR-2003-570.
Fred Templin's Templin-IPVLX is a system using ipv6 for addressing and ipv4 for encapsulation over rbridge-like devices; it discusses a number of related issues as a result.
- Univ New Hampshire InterOperability Lab - Aug. 2010 TRILL Plugfest summary.
- Univ New Hampshire InterOperability Lab - May. 2013 TRILL Plugfest summary.
Information on this list:
- Post to: [email protected]
- Subscribe/manage existing subscription: click here to use the automated management interface
- Archives: click here for the archive with multiple indices